Wednesday, August 1, 2012

Heirlooms Help Us Remember

I have been blessed to be given a few family heirlooms and I display them happily around my house. I'm not a big believer in stowing away these little treasures. With two kids this has always been an added stress, but from a young age I taught them to respect these items and the stories behind them.

My Grandmother Jane's painting has hung in every house I've lived in for the last 10 years. It's a large painting but it's always found a special place to hang. As a child the painting hung at the end of the hallway between my bedroom door and my brother's.

My mother tells me that after Jane passed away my parents got this painting and that Jane told my mom it was one of her favorites. I wish I knew why Jane liked it. What drew her to this particular painting? The artist signature is "Reynolds".


Jane Theresa Adams favorite painting

No comments:

Post a Comment