Wednesday, August 22, 2012

1940 Census - Kimple's Neighbors with the Minnigh's

The 1940 Census has recently been released and I've had a chance to find some of my family members on it.

Tonight, I found something interesting...I found that my 2nd Great Grandparents - William and Mary Kimple lived next door to my Great Grandparents - Harold and Esther Minnigh.

In 1940 my Grandfather Robert Minnigh was only 15 years old.




I love finding these little tidbits.

I'm still looking for a death date for William Kimple. I know that Mary Kimple is in Florida with her son in 1945. So maybe William passed away shortly after this census was taken and Mary moved to FL to be by her son Arthur. Yet, she was living next door to her daughter and grandchildren, so why move? So many questions?

No comments:

Post a Comment