Sunday, October 28, 2012

Cousin Search: Marie Anne Brown and Ernest E Kent

I am looking for information on Marie Anne (Marriane) Brown and Ernest Edonard Kent and their children. I am the Great-Great Granddaughter of Marie Anne and Ernest Kent.

Growing up my grandmother told me stories about the summers she and her brother spent Grandma and Grandpa Kent. They lived on Lake St. Louis and the cousins would descend on the island during the summer.

Here's what I do know:

Marie Anne (Marriane) Brown:
born: Nov 20, 1877 in Quebec, Canada
died: ?
married: Nov 7, 1874 in Quebec, Canada to Ernest Kent

Ernest Edonard Kent:
born: June 25, 1874 in Quebec, Canada
died: ?
married: Nov 7, 1898 in Ste-Anne Quebec, Canada


They lived in Quebec, Canada for many years.
I have a 1911 Census of Canada that lists Marie Anne and Dr. E. E. Kent in Jacques-Cartier District #162 with their 7 children.

Both of their families were well off....part of the "upper class". Marie Anne's father was a doctor and Ernest is listed in the 1911 census as a doctor as well. I'd love to know what type of doctor he was.

I know eventually they buy a house on an island on Lake St. Louis but when? My grandmother and her brother would spend summers there with all their cousins. Ernest would play the piano and sing "Silver Threads Among the Gold".

Dr. E E Kent's Sail Boat


I wrote an earlier post about Marie Anne and Ernest.

Ernest Edonard Kent 1874-? Family Tree

Marie Anne Brown (Kent) 1877 - ? Family Tree


Dr Kent and Marie Anne had 7 children so my grandmother had a ton of cousins. I hope there is someone out there who had a grandparent like mine who spent the summers with Grandma and Grandpa Kent. Someone who has pictures and stories to share. And if anyone knows about Marie Anne's family the Browns or Ernest's family I'd love to hear from you.

I have a few other pictures and a stories I would love to share as well. I have a ton of information on Lake St. Louis.

No comments:

Post a Comment